Processes and Procedures in the Deeds Office
Ever Wonder what happens behind the scenes in the deeds office? Here you will find our detailed guide of the ins and outs of the 14 day process.
- Lodgement counter.
- Documents lodged by all attorneys
- Documents (individually) captured on the system
Day 2 - 3
- Data and Sorters
- Documents linked and batches captured on system
- Print outs of property as well as persons involved are made available to examiners
- Examiner / Deed controller
- Deeds are examined by first examiner (junior).
- Deeds are endorsed and remarks are stated
- NO REJECTION
- Documents recieved back from first examiner (junior) and re-issued to second examiner (senior
- Second Examiner
- Deeds are either passed or rejected
- Documents are recieved back from second examiner (senior) and issued to assistent Registrar (monitor phase)
- Assistant Registrar
- If monitor finds any matter (issue) passed by the second examiner, which should have been rejected, the assistant Registrar may also reject the deeds
Day 10 - 14
- Registration phase
- Deeds that are ready for registration are recieved in this phase where it can stand over for a period of four days before being automatically rejected.
- Transfer, new bond cancellation register simultaneously.
- Financial institutions pay out the guarantees the next working day (after the registration).
- Sale proceeds are distributed.
Start Your Search Today
Find your dream home and start building your future with the help of our dedicated agency.